When walls talk....!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6 Comments

Imagine a world, when everything around you start talking. Your desk, walls around you, your bag, your shoes, books, dresses.

I have this strange habit of buying dresses, more than required.  Its very exciting to buy dresses, but find it a great challenge to hijack it inside home.  Nothing escapes my mom's eyes and it takes great skill, to hide the bag from her prying eyes.  I won't blame my mom.  If I had been in her place, I would have been more angry.  She feels that it is a crime to pile rows and rows of dresses, without wearing them.  Her advice to me is to give away the dresses which I do not wear to people, who need them and then start to buy new ones.

Recently as an innovative idea, my friend and me picked a bag that folds in to half.  I turned a blind eye to the price tag and indulged.



If only this bag start to talk, I will be in deep trouble.  Last Saturday, I went to my Yoga class and saw someone carrying a Rangachari Cloth Store bag.  I was happy that I brought my bag along and felt for my purse and checking if my debit card was inside.  There it was, snug inside a compartment. With a beaming smile, I waited impatiently for the class to get over.

Took an auto from Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (Mandaveli) to Rangachari (Mylapore).


Went to the cotton sari section, as usual I liked a sari, which I knew for sure, would leave a sizeable hole in my savings.  But I didn't yield to my temptation immediately.  I asked the guy to show me more saris in lesser price, but was having an eye on the off white and green sari all along.... First I left the sari before me, a person sitting next to me looked at the sari and I immediately picked it and put it next to me, after 3 mts it sat on my lap, another 2 mts it was in my hand and I headed to the billing section... Now I realise, even if I had left it on the shelf no one would have touched it.  No idiot would pay 1800 rupees for a cotton sari, only Viji would.  It didn't stop there, I had to buy an ear ring, bangles and even bindi... Thank God my bag doesn't talk...

When a bag has so many secrets, think about walls... Every wall would have multiple things to say... A honeymoon suite would have witnessed steamy scenes and they will earn millions by writing screen play.  A prison cell, would share multiple things to say, a lunatic asylum will narrate thousand and one incidents...

A footwear it won't just stop biting, it would start shouting too.  

Viji

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

6 Candles:

A Blip said...

Viji, I have a fastrack bag...a big hand bag... inside which I smuggle the dresses I buy.. Like u said i have the same habit of buying more dresses than required..recently i smuggled a denim jean, 2 kurtas and one salwar inside it.. This is not the first time I have smuggled stuff :D Had my bag had legs, it would have kicked me!

Viji said...

@kiruthi we women are alike, when it comes to shopping...

Namita said...

I wanted to read more Viji! I liked your style of shopping! Well.. I guess I fall into the same category too - Buying clothes that are not required and stacking them without throwing the old ones...:) Hi-fi!

Viji said...

Hi-fi nami :)

Unknown said...

I guess the restroom walls talk too :D :P

Viji said...

very nice kiran :) what an idea??? but am not interested about shitting or peeing :p

wisdom comes with experience

At one, I learnt crawling was fun. At forty one, I still feel crawling is fun #blamemykneesnotme